Setting an example in sustainable development
Laborelec not only helps customers improve the sustainability of their activities, we also commit ourselves to setting the example. We do so in four major domains: quality assurance, environment, safety, and health.
Quality: Focus on quality assurance
Laborelec sets high quality standards, and our contract research and services are not biased by prejudice, manufacturing brand, or personal gain. This objective, effective approach has been acknowledged through a variety of accreditations and certifications.
Environment: Taking environmental responsibility
We are active in various domains to reduce the ecological footprint of our day-to-day activities.
- Reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions: we use our in-house knowledge to further improve the energy efficiency of our buildings (double glass walls, LED lighting, climate ceilings,...), integrate renewable energy technologies (solar panels, heat pumps, wind turbines,…), and provide sustainable mobility (electric vehicles, bicycles,…).
- Reducing waste: we separate our waste streams and help encourage recycling.
- Improving biodiversity: we collaborate with nature protection organization Natagora in identifying and protecting the biodiversity at our site in Linkebeek, Belgium.
Safety: Committed to the strictest safety standards
Ensuring the safety of our employees and customers is of the utmost importance.
- VCA certification. Our two-star VCA certification guarantees that we work according to strict safety standards on our customers’ sites.
- Strictest safety standards in renovation. We respect the most stringent safety standards at our own facilities. For example, our laboratory facilities comply with strict safety guidelines for fire resistance and management of gases and toxic substances.
Health: Mens sana in corpore sano
The experience and knowledge of our co-workers are indispensable to our success, but their physical and mental fitness is equally important. We aim to keep our employees healthy by offering them exercise opportunities and healthy eating choices.
- Improving the condition of our employees. Our ‘Ready2Move’ Program enabled our employees to work on their physical condition. Due to the success of the program, we opened an on-site fitness centre.
- Offering healthy eating options. We offer vegetarian alternatives on site.
- A healthy and comfortable work environment. Our workspaces incorporate temperature control, clean air, and effective lighting in order to ensure maximum comfort.